Ombré means 'shaded' in French and this gradual change from one colour to the next has been huge over recent years, especially in the world of fashion. It's so lovely to see this idea crossing over to painted furniture and achieving it with Chalk Paint™ is a great way to take your painting to the next level!
1. Start with the darkest colour at the base of your furniture, for example the feet of your table or chair legs.
2. Mix a little of your second colour into your first colour to lighten the latter.
3. Apply the paler colour above your first colour, using a clean brush to feather the paint while it's still wet. This light feathering will blend each colour into the next.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you reach your palest colour at the top of the piece of furniture.
5. Seal in your paint with Clear Chalk Paint™ Wax.
6. At this stage, you can also darken the colour at the bottom of your piece of furniture using Dark or Black Chalk Paint™ Wax. This is also the stage when you can distress your piece of furniture, if you want to, using sanding paper, before re-applying Clear Wax.
Annie Sloan products used to create the look in this photo: Greek Blue, Old White, and Clear Wax.